The Pillerseetal region has one of the most beautiful networks of routes in Austria for cyclists. Around the Hotel Strasserwirt near to the Pillersee Lake there are leisurely family cycle rides around the lake, as well as more demanding, wonderful mountain bike tours into the surrounding mountains. The Landhotel Strasserwirt in St. Ulrich in Pillerseetal is right next to the popular Steinbergrunde route, and makes an ideal base for lots of leisurely rides as well as challenging mountain bike tours.
Cycling & mountain biking in Tyrol
The Pillerseetal region; a paradise for cyclists and mountain bikers
What cyclists and mountain bikers can expect at the Strasserwirt in Tyrol:
- In-house bike hire
- Bike room for safely storing your bike
- Ideal base for lots of cycling and mountain bike tours
- Lots of Alpine huts open for refreshment and easily accessible by bike, giving you plenty of places to stop off when mountain biking in the Kitzbühel Alps
- 800 km of signed cycle and mountain biking routes in and around Pillerseetal
- 26 award-winning mountain bike tours between 700m and 2100m above sea level (5 difficult, 15 moderate, and 6 easy)
- Free cycling and mountain biking map
- Cycling and mountain biking routes of all levels of difficulty with the impressive backdrop of the Tyrolean Alps
- 3 varied cycle circuits (between 20 km and 70 km in length): Buchensteinwand-Runde, Kalkstein-Runde, Steinberg-Runde (sculpture route)
- Guided mountain bike tours in the Pillerseetal region
- The Kitzbühel Horn - the ultimate attraction for racing bikers, and very close to us.
Bikepark near the Hotel Strasserwirt:
Extreme bikers and keen downhillers enjoy the BikePark Leogang, just 20 minutes’ drive from our hotel, with downhill routes, jump park, and beginner bike park for beginners and kids.
Your cycling holiday in Tyrol
Explore the wonderful Pillerseetal region by bicycle or mountain bike. We will gladly send you a suitable offer, simply send us your enquiry, or find out about our packages for mountain biking and cycling in Tyrol.